Health & Safety
Here at East Links Family Park, we take Health and Safety very seriously. Our staff are always on hand to help with any eventuality. Help us to make your trip a safe and enjoyable one by following these guidelines.
SUPERVISE THE CHILDREN IN YOUR CARE!
REMEMBER GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE!
- Wash your hands thoroughly using soap and water before eating, after any contact with animals, animal pens and fencing and before leaving the farm. Alcohol gel is not a substitute for soap and water but can be used to sanitise clean hands after washing
- Avoid contact with animal manure (faeces) as this can cause infection. Thoroughly wash and dry hands immediately if contact occurs
- When around animal contact areas do not eat! Eat only in designated areas. Do not taste the animal food
- Food that has fallen to the ground should be discarded
- Discard babies’ dummies that have fallen to the ground
- Children should be discouraged from putting their fingers in their mouths
- Children should not be allowed to kiss the animals
- A waterproof dressing should cover any cuts and grazes
- Animal food is not for human consumption and should not be tasted.
WHILE IN THE PARK
- Keep children within earshot and eyesight at all times
- Approach and handle animals quietly and gently, do not chase, frighten or torment the animals
- Kicking, biting, butting, spitting, pecking, pooping & peeing are all normal animal behaviour! Be alert, as not paying attention while standing too close to the fences, could result in an unwelcome surprise!
- Do not climb on the fences, gates or into the animal pens
- For your own safety, stay within the designated visitor areas and pathways.
- Staff equipment and tools should be left alone.
- Be aware whilst crossing the railway line and look both ways.
WHEN LEAVING THE PARK
- Remember to wash your hands prior to departure
- Check your footwear and clean any faecal material
- Make sure you have all your belongings
For more info – click to read
Remember: if uncertain please ask a member of staff for assistance.
Dogs are welcome to use our secure dog kennels situated in the car park